Sunday, May 27, 2007

Full of missions Saturday

Well, as I have said earlier, I have been craving for bak kut teh for a long time. Calv's promise on quenching this crave at the not bad bak kut teh restaurant outside his house. The moment has finally came... yeah, we did it yesterday. It was an eventful Saturday.


In the morning, we have to complete a mission. Calv's wanted to get license for copper. So, Piggy and Tapir met at his house. I am to travel to Subang by train. Although I seldom travel with public transport after I drive, I still consider myself the more keen one for public transport as compared to some. My basic experience on taking KTM train... hmmm.... the first time was about 5 or 6 years ago. That time we were taking KTM to Rachel's house in Klang. Though I may have been taking train to Mid Valley, but I don't have a clue on the actual KTM route. As promised, I am to reach the KTM station in Subang at 9.30am .


Star LRT


I was out of the house at 8.30am. Took a bus to Maluri LRT and bought a ticket to Bandar Tasik Selatan (I have to interchange at Chan Sow Lin Station. All in all about 7 stations and the ticket price is RM 1. I actually doubt that the ticket attendance issue me the wrong ticket). It was Saturday, LRT was packed and it is late! I reached Bandar Tasik Selatan at 8.55am. I queued and bought a ticket... queue was long. Ticket costed RM 2.60. Then, when I was waiting at the station under the hot sun, I noticed the board said "Train to Rawang will depart at 8.53am". I am beginning to think... to Rawang, not to Klang? (Train to Klang will pass by Subang station). I have no choice but to ask on guy in front of me if this train I am boarding can bring me to Subang station. He said yes. Then when we are in the train, he looked at the map on the train and told me I have to interchange at KL Sentral. I started to count stations.



Map of all the train services in KL (Star, Putra and KTM).. confusing


By the time I reached KL sentral it was 9.35am. You cannot believe this. I have to go up the stairs and go down the stair case again to get to Platform 5. I have to thanked this guy again. He knew I am not familiar. All the while he is watching for me and direct me to the right direction. God bless him. Then, when I finally got to the platform and wait, the signboard said " Train to Port Klang will depart at 9.53am". Argghhh... I have to wait and I am getting anxious cause all 3 of them (Piggy, Tapir and Calv were waiting for me, and it isn't my habit for people to wait for me). And finally the train arrived. Again I am counting the stations until I reached Subang station. This is my first time to Subang via train, and I don't know where to head to or to wait for the gang to come fetch me. So, I follow the crowd and in the meantime trying to call Calv.

Finally, I waited the gang in front of Carrefour's bus stop. Then, we head to the MPSJ for license. We merely step our foot and the guards stopped us to inform that it is closed!!! O_O. All the sweats, and catching trains........

MPSJ building


Then, Calv suggested that we went for lunch. He is craving for claypot 'lou shu fen' and XO chicken wings in Old Klang Road. Another sad news, when we reached there, the shop was not opened! O_O. It is totally 'Calv's jinxed day'. No choice, we decided to go for the KFC there, which they said that it is nicer than any other KFCs. Since this is also one of his craving, better than nothing. Lucky the KFC got no off day or what.. if not, Calv have to go back and mandi air bunga.

Soon after lunch, we have another mission. Piggy have to go to Times Square for this actor appearance. Apparently he is rather famous at current due to a hit drama on TV. Because of this, the whole shopping complex was swarmed by sea of teenages. You cannot imagine the crowd. It scared me and Tapir. We tried to avoid those crowd. Calv joined us later, all 3 of us tried not to get close. Piggy have no choice but to squeeze in with all the 'mei meis' to get good photos for Purple cow.


Berjaya Times Square


Me and Piggy bought a pair of Levi's jeans each before the mission. Piggy got 'wahyu' to buy. I bought cause I finally found a pair that fits! Don't laugh, previously I couldn't get cause most fo the cutting I tried is just not fitting. Either I can fit in the thigh and butt but not the waist or the waist but not the butt. But then my spree don't stop there. I have to get a belt to match the jeans and also 'appropriate' undies for that too.

While waiting for Piggy, the three of us when to drink at Uncle Lim's (it is surprising, cause Calv apparently did not really keen on Uncle Lim's). I bought my Sakura movie 2 DVD (the VCD I have broken into 2 pieces. huhuhu...).



After Piggy accomplished her mission, we then drove all the way back to Calv's place. We played and walked Copper before we headed for dinner at the Bak Kut Teh restaurant just nearby Calv's place. It is nice... yum yum.. and I am satisfied. Calv mentioned about Lobster man in PJ.. he hinted at me ... alamak!


Our day don't end here.... we went back to Calv's place for a drink. Calv's bring out his Chivas, Dewar's and Bailey. Tasted all.. still Chivas is the best! I don't remember how much I drank but it isn't much. We drank while we are playing monopoly. It is like going back to the younger times. Calv seems like able to remember every single piece of land and how much each cost , down to the house prices and its rental. Scary! He outwon all of us..... me, Tapir and Piggy has soon to declare bankrupt!



Chivas 12 - nice whiskey.


After the game, we stayed on for chit chatting. Piggy was busy reading news on S.H.E. By the time we called it a day, it was 2.00 am. It was tiring but it was fun. Hmm... when and what is our next day out?..... O_O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home