Saturday, March 08, 2008

Polling

Today is polling day. And it is my first. I have seen how my mum did it previously, but this is my first.

We went there at 8.15m. Sounded early but in actual no. When we were there, we were already in the quite a long queue to check on which room we should go to to cast our votes. I was given a paper to tell me to go to room number 8. It was upstairs. When I reached the corridor landing, I saw many people queueing for room 5 and 6. In my mind was thinking "Oh my God! So many people." Room number 8 was at the back.. so I have to squeeze in between people to get through and to my surprise.... room number 8 was empty! We were the only ones.

I went in and handed over my IC to the registration clerk. She was supposed to verify my identity. So, she read my name aloud, tallied it with her record, and crossed out my name from the booklet. And then she scrutiny look at me... " I don't look alike in my IC meh? " ( I am thinking). After she satisfied, I was handed a piece of orange coloured paper. I went over to the counter to mark my vote.. (I vote for.... secret). Then, I folded it. Was thinking how many times I should fold - 1 times? 2 times? No instruction. Was trying to peek into the ballot box, to see how many times people folded. It is a transparent box. Emmm.... I folded once and dumped it in.

By 9.00 am, we were home. Lucky we were early, by the time I walked out of the voting place, the line was then along the corridor, across the road and down the stair case.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home