Sunday, September 02, 2007

Aftermath

Now it is time to think how to keep myself safe. A few things need to be done.

1. Pepper Spray.
Brother: Must get one.
Piggy: I think I better lend you my pepper spray first. Powerful one.

Searching every pharmacy .... either don't have or they don't even know what is pepper spray. Like I am asking something foreign. Sigh.....

2. Purse
After this incident, I am thinking I cannot place all my credit cards and money in one place. Usually my bulky purse will be in my bag. So now, I 'create' another purse and this one will be in my pants pocket. In case they snatch my bag.... I only lose a bit of money, 1 credit card, IC license and some junk.

3. Walking alone.
After this incident, if I am necessary to walk out alone, umbrella is a compulsory tool to bring. At least I have a weapon with me. Brother said " pepper spray in one, umbrella in another." Now I wish I know tai chi, taekwondo or something. Am I too late to learn?

Also, do not bring excessive money when go out to buy dinner or lunch......

4. Scream
I did not scream when incident happen. In science, emergency reflects can be "Fight" or "Flight". Mine was to fight. If I would have screamed then maybe the thief would have flight off cause I would have attract people.

So, I have to practise how to scream.

5. Keep eyes open.
Constant vigilant. I will try ....

6. Walk in pairs
If can, please always have company.... safer that way.

Whatever it is, just be careful. Hopefully all these measures can reduce the possibility of being nabbed by snatch thief or if you happen to be a victim, at least the damage is lessen.

Let's pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home