Sunday, February 12, 2006

'Bookaholic'

"Bookaholic" on the lose again!! Hahahaha...don't let Pig_angel stepped into bookstore. She will never leave without any books in hand. She can spend 200+ on books at one go.. gila!

I don't know why, I have this crazy notion of spending my days inside the bookstore. Not library but bookstores. I never like the library to be honest with you. Spending my time in the library was like a rabbit trap in it's cage! Don't believe huh? It is true, you can ask my coursemates in uni, if they have ever seen me in library - reading... the only time I am there is when it is exam and I will be in uni early to book myself in one of the cubicle (meant for group study). But often enough, those coursemates who spotted me in one will see me dozing off in it. It is comfy because the librarian will not bug in and ask you to keep your snoring to the minimum... hehehehehe.. joking. Nobody will bother us because the cubicle is at the lowest level which only those who need to search through articles in journals will be there. Thus, it is a solitary place for us to get naps before exams. Convenient too you know.

I don't really like libraries because most of the time I cannot find anything to read..honest! I don't like the mushy smell of the old books and the most is, you have to wait for your turns to get the book you wanted cause there might be other people who has their hands on it. Besides, you will be given only 2 weeks and if you need the book further, you need to renew the terms, otherwise you will be fined! And worst, you cannot reread it anytime you want!

But all of that will be different with bookstores. There have shelves with nicely stacked books according to authors and genre. They also have those computer system which allowed you to check books online - if the books are available in the bookstore and which shelves it belongs to, complete with maps to help you find the shelves. Bookstores also offer booking for books you wanted through internet and you can collect it there! Wonderful right? They also have very comfortable sofas for you to settle your butt in while you skim through the books you are interested in. Besides the comfort, bookstore offers you variety of versions of the book you read. One title you will have variety of publishing versions and also paperbag covers. Hehehehe..yeah, I always have tough time deciding which version I prefer. And the version goes with the price sometimes - books printed in UK is definitely more expensive compared to US or Canada. The only thing about bookstore is, you have to pay the books you want to read and it cost! But you have the book forever...

I like to collect books, mainly because I will flip through those again later when I am free, thus, it is worth all the bomb I am paying... Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home